Fancy yourself as a football analyst? We do. Anything in football we can talk about. At length. For England. The issues we’re passionate about. Promotion. Relegation. Winning the Cup. Or not. The teams we’re passionate about. Local. National. The faith we’re passionate about. As football fans and followers of Jesus Christ. Up In The Gantry tackles the stories and topics in football we’re passionate about.
EPISODE 9: Sins bins are coming to football. After recent trials the introduction of sin bins, initially in disability, grassroots and youth football, was approved in March and if successful we could see them introduced into the professional game within three years. Sin bins have proved successful in rugby union but will the concept transfer well to football? Brighton fan Russ Bravo and Andy Searles, chaplain of Orlando City in the MLS and Ipswich Town fan share their thoughts along with special guest Brian Irvine, the former Falkirk, Aberdeen and Scotland centre half. We also talk to Brian about his career, including being signed for Aberdeen by Sir Alex Ferguson and scoring the winning goal in the penalty shoot-out in the 1990 Scottish Cup final against Celtic. Adrian Barnard hosts the discussion.
Up In the Gantry features:
* Adrian Barnard, radio producer, Passion for Sport. Supports Crystal Palace
* Ollie Baines, co-founder of Cross The Line. Supports Norwich City
* Mark Blythe, does something sporty. Supports Middlesbrough
* Russ Bravo, editor, Inspire Magazine. Supports Brighton & Hove Albion
* Liam Flint, co-founder of Cross The Line. Supports Chelsea
* Andy Searles, Chaplain, Orlando City. Supports Ipswich Town
* Gabriel Ajala, former England U-15 & U-17 international. Supports Liverpool
Listen, engage, have your say:
* Twitter: @UpintheGantry
* Facebook: Up in the Gantry
*The app is now available free of charge for Android & iPhone devices
Catch up on previous episodes here.
Up In The Gantry is a joint production of Passion for Sport and Cross The Line.